Monday

WIP MARRACKECH MARKET Morroco



Here's an update. About 75% done. Would love to be there right now.Could use the heat!! Smell the spices......It's coming together.

Using Acrylics on Canvas 16x12






I have 6 or 7 paintings that I have started theses past few months and never finished for one reason or another. So thought if I posted them here, might get me going to finish them. WIP means work in progress. One of my goals this year is to complete works while I still have the drive for them. I seem to start to loose interest, when they are not finished quickly(for me thats a week or two). I'ts not that I don't like them, but I need to keep the "juices flowing" so to speak on my paintings.
Have drawn in just the main parts and done some of the underlayer, working on my color values when I do the underlayer, lights and darks make the painting. I want strong contrasts for this.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Hi shez,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. It's always nice to 'see' new faces :) Love your paintings!
You have lots of talent, especially for painting lighting effects. That must be hard! Art was always my favorite subject at school, but alas, I didn't have the talent to pursue it as a career. I used to draw all the time when I was younger. Still love to, but don't do it much these days. My oldest daughter, Kylie (34), went to art school and had her own pottery business for a while.
I'm really going to enjoy 'watching' you paint :) Thanks for sharing your work.

Shez said...

Hi Kerri,
Awww, thankyou for saying that. I do have a thing about light. I like strong contrasts.
I did pottery, and worked a wheel a few years ago, would love to have my own kiln and wheel here. Sounds like your daughter picked up your artistic genes.
I should have read this one of yours first.I started from the back. LOL You and I need to have a talk, about your art. Very few artists only maybe 5 to 10 percent make enough to live off their paintings in their life time. Most do other work, and paint on the side. Most are resigned that,it's the only way they can live and do what they love. Alot of them are very talented, but no one will probably ever know. They paint mostly for themselves, they have this need to just paint or draw, or sculpt, and when they do, it just feels good, and if they happen to sell it, wow, that's great.
Most artists, don't think they have talent,and most are never satisfied with what they do. Besides, what is talent? What I think it is could be totally different than what you think.
So Kerri, this week I want you to draw something every day. Take 5 min or 10 min, and sit down and draw your coffee cup, or the pic from the magazine or that tree out your window.
Just draw something, this is for you, no one else. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just draw. You'll be surprised how good it will feel.
You use to love doing this, what stopped you!!
Try the upsidedown drawing. Just think shapes, not things. Have fun.
If you feel good, maybe show something to me. Would love to see it.
If you do this I'll tell you a secret, that may surprise you!! LOL I promise