More playing around with my acrylics.
Just trying to see how far you can go with them.
This was done very wet on wet washes, a lot more than the Poseys.
After the first few washes of different colors, I looked to see what jumped out at me in regards to shapes, and I saw cabbage type roses, so after it dried I went back in and softly tried to emphasize the shapes a bit more of the roses and leaves. I liked the soft look, will have to play with them more.
I tried this with Acrylic instead of watercolor, because when acrylics dry and then you add another color or water on top, the color below does not wash away, as watercolor does ( so I was told) so wanted to try it myself. More practise needed, but lots of potential, for backgrounds etc. Think this one was too wet. But here's one of the smaller sheets that I did.
This one is about 9 X 9 on Watercolor paper